Become A Coach
Gymnastics Canada’s Coach Education Program adheres to the standards of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) as set out by the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC). With the Provincial/Territorial Gymnastics Organizations, Gymnastics Canada mandates that any individual coaching in a Gymnastics Canada member club must be a trained or certified coach under the NCCP for the gymnastics discipline in which they are coaching. Along with the development and delivery of the NCCP to coaches throughout the country, Gymnastics Canada works closely with the Provincial/Territorial Gymnastics Organizations (who are responsible for hosting and scheduling NCCP courses) to ensure that our member clubs continue to provide sound training programs in a safe learning environment that meet the needs of all gymnastics participants.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a gymnastics coach, please inquire with either Gymnastics Newfoundland & Labrador or your local gymnastics club. Most, but not all, new coaches will register for courses and training through the gymnastics club that they intend on coaching for. For more information about NCCP Coaching Requirements and the Foundations Pathway for new coaches, please refer to the "Become A Coach" document found in resources section below. If you have any questions please email Gymnastics Newfoundland & Labrador.
The Locker - NCCP#
All new coaches will require an NCCP# before registering for any NCCP course. To obtain an NCCP# go to https://coach.ca/ and create a free account in the The Locker. Here's a step by step guide:
How to Get Your NCCP #
1. Go to www.coach.ca
2. Click on tab called The Locker.
3. Click on “Don’t have an account? Create one now!”
4. Check the box “I agree”.
5. Check the box “I want to create a Locker account for access to my transcript, eLearning opportunities, to sign up for coaching events, and more!”
6. Fill in your information and click “Register”
7. Login to your email account and open the verification email that was sent to you.
8. Click on the “click here” at the very end of the email.